Friday, January 28, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
took a little time offline
with not much internet lately
saying that reminds me of last nights episode of portlandia
it was about how people spend way too much time on their phones, fb, ipads
basically everything technology related!
probably the funniest show i have ever seen
carrie from sleater-kinney one of my favorite bands is on the show
it's great it really pokes fun of hipsters all the avenues hipsters explore, skinny jeans, veganism.
a lot of good stuff has been happening this week
i have to say this has been one of my favorite weeks ever!
i got the job that i interviewed for a month ago
@ beth israel hospital in boston
im very happy about this
for our future
my son scored very high in his tests and got accepted to an advanced work class program
he got invited to the school of his choice!
he was on the wait list for quite sometime and today we got the call he was accepted
it's definitely going to be a transition for him since it is next week
but in boston public
if you pass up this opportunity he will most likely be put on a long wait list again
and never cease the opportunity
this school has so much to offer and is rich in curriculum with arts, music, gym & science!
such a proud mama!
so i have been learning to tattoo
pretty fun and scary
i picked up my first tattoo gun and learned the ropes recently
i tattooed myself
boy is it more painful to tattoo yourself!
i'm gonna remain practicing and doing more as a hobby!
so much fun
doing some drawings and stuff.
my girlfriends and i went to a great rockabilly show this past weekend
it was really great to see a show and get out
it's been a long time
i loved looking at all the amazingly dressed pin up styled girls at the show
talk about high fashion!
Friday, January 21, 2011
a current new obsession
organic iced green tea
with spearmint & lemongrass
i used to go to this bakery/restaurant called the common ground
in dorchester almost daily
to buy their house iced tea which was similar til i found this at whole foods!
also my man and i are re-doing our office / workspace area!
i want to try and make it into a guest room w a futon
and hang out room if possible but it is so cluttered!
new photos of re-done room hopefully soon...
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
what about the left hand turn we could have taken
the right hand turn
or just driving straight
or in reverse
lately i have been thinking of happenstance
thinking of the maze in life
the routes we can take in our journey
for instance i got into college in nyc and if i had gone to school there
i would have never known the people i know today
i would most likely not have my beautiful son
what would have become of my life if i took that route
where would i be today
would i even be?
last night i re-played all the routes and journeys from college to the present
and it is pretty in depth and curvy
but i wouldn't trade anything to change it
it's funny how we have these paths in front of us
based on our choice
it leads us to opportunities, happiness, and bad situations
im very grateful for the path to which i have chosen
or has chosen me.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
this week has been fun!
we had my son's birthday party
got a HUGE snowstorm that he had no school for 2 days
then the poor lil mans was sick yesterday and was home from school
with a tummy bug mornings are rough for him sometimes he gets so nauseous on the way to school
and throws up
i was just like him when i was a kid
to the point where i couldn't eat breakfast until 11 or noon
i would get so sick if i ate too early
especially if i went in a car after i ate instant puke = no good.
i've been trying to organize the house
i'm not a very neat person ( i'm kind of messy) ack!
i wish i was super clean and spic and span
i would love to train my brain to be highly organized!
i envy those with organization and completely clean homes!
my husband is so so super neat and clean we are total opposites
i know i get on his NERVES so bad when i leave dishes messes around the house
any hints from you guys how to re-train my brain to be organized and neat
things have been lookin great round these parts
i have had 2 job interviews
one at an amazing hospital in boston
to be a unit assistant in the emergency room
i did the interview and they called and said they were interested!!!
now they are reviewing my 5 references (fingers crossed)
it's a part time position which will be great for us!
i really really hope i get it!
my husband is going to germany in march for 3-4 weeks
im so siked for him
he is an electrician and works for proctor & gamble
they go out and test machines and manufacturing plants before taking equipment into the united states
so i may tag along with him and visit for 5 days or so
i have never been to germany and would love too!
it would be a fun lil adventure!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
so tomorrow is my day of birth
9 years ago to be exact
my beautiful son's birthday
he has grown so so much over the years
it's crazy to think it was that long ago that he was born
i have so man vivid memories of being pregnant with him
i love to share them with him often when i put him to bed
we pretend that my belly button was a telescope for him to see outward into the world
and my womb was his apartment where he had everything he wanted
when he didn't like what i ate he rejected room service
and i threw up (how lovely, right)
my lil bean now big man
has grown into his personality
his words are so poetic
and his energy level at full force
we can scream and laugh at the top of our lungs
play hide and go seek
he is soooo creative
loves to draw and engineer prototypes for inventions in his head
have is the tightest bond i have ever felt in my life
i'm so blessed and grateful to have such a beautiful soul in my life
he has made me a better person
he has made me so so much words cannot explain
he is my dream
the love of my life
|funfetti cake we made for his school party tmrw! yumm!|
Friday, January 7, 2011
things i adore!
here is a cute hat from my favorite show adventure time! it's a jake hat!
hunter wellies with a wedge!
curler old school roller sets!
hello kitty headphones!
toms boots! love this cause (buy one give one to those in need)
lululemon hoodie! so cute and comfy! if i could only afford it!
my mans band is playing a lot of shows lately but here is one not to be missed
the blue bloods playing with slapshot!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
lately i have been taking a real journey inward to see outward
tonight i went on one of the most spiritual journeys ever
yoga, eating organic, and journeys have taken me over.
i look at my son smile and watch his little hands scoop soup out of bread bowl
and i see this amazing being a loving little man who grows each day
i feel that life is so speedy sometimes that we forget to take a look at these little things
that are HUGE
time flies by so fast
my days seemed to be on spin cycle before i took time for yoga
and other things
and other things
i would rinse repeat rise repeat
but now i breathe deeper
and see clearer
and for that i am thankful
i do daily art projects after school with my bean & crossword puzzles = less t.v. time
i do daily art projects after school with my bean & crossword puzzles = less t.v. time
i have cut a lot out the occasional beer (i have cut out alcohol), non organic foods, going to bed late, and junkfood (though i still devour chocolate)!!!
all of this has helped and my body feels better with all the above
i do not take for granted any minute of every day.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
ode to my vintage red jacket
seen in the photo below
i wore you our literally
and loved you a long time
you were seriously the best smelling memory ever
finally you did rip under both my pits
and in the back
though i did try and elongate your life
in life sometimes you come across that security blanket a la clothes
and this was you baby
@ this time i would also like to say you are missed billy the kid jacket
left at some show in a corner
whoever has it now is a very lucky devil
you are irreplaceable!
currently i'm 32 years old and ever since i was in high school
my best friend anna and i would hit savers, dollar pound, and goodwill everyday
in the early 90's
we would scour for vintage fred perry's and fabulous finds
after high school and in college it was my dream to open a thrift store
i had a great idea for one right next to this cute little antique shop
i wanted it to have records and all sorts of knick knacks
last night my husband and i watched the show oddities
wow that show is amazing
its about a bizarre antique shop with 3 headed taxidermy cows
rare experimental medical equipment from the 20's
wow was this a mind blower!
but i really salute vintage shop owners, antique shop owners, and collectors.
|image: google images|
Saturday, January 1, 2011
happy 2011 everybody!
here are some photos of my favorite memories of 2010
our dogs in our apartment when we first moved to dorchester!
my kewpie boxer for my son! (sorry it won't flip)
when my son was a baby he plastered his room with kewpies
now @ 9 he's wicked embarassed by it
chris's first day of 3rd grade! he is so so handsome!
ha dying my hair red (it's back to black) but i loved red!
the pin up shoot i did this was such a fun time with a great group of girls!
doing my makeup the day of my wedding boy did i have a shaky hand!
tom, chris, and i at our wedding july 31st! what a night!
wedding centerpieces i made with vintage postcards
an amazing group of girlfriends!
our engagement photo in quebec canada
it wasn't professional we took it of ourselves
the day after he proposed!
our mist epic trip to disney world
i just ate a chocolate dipped bananna mmm good.
chris next to the tree of life in disney!
2010 was such a great year and i'm so excited for 2011!
happy new years
a giveaway from sometimes sweet
all of theses goodies look amazing check them out and the incredibly talented artists!
1) I'm Tif Blue; a wife, mom, and lover of all things crafty! In between bed-time stories and home-work, I'm rolling out clay or designing custom jewelry for my etsy shop, Peach Treats. I create custom one-of-a-kind polymer earrings for stretched lobes. (and for you fakers too!)
Etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tifthapeach
Giveaway item: One pair of custom made spirals in any size, length, and color. (including fake gauges!)
2) Studio MME is a quirky pen and ink shop that features all sorts of childhood characters, from antlered girls to collections of geese. Run by the over-imaginative artist, Megan Eckman, nothing in the shop is serious and everything is guaranteed to bring you a smile.
Etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/studiomme
Giveaway item: my Forest Series interchangeable locket made by the wonderful artist, Polarity.
3) flutterbyCreations is run by soon to be mom, Jacqueline. She creates everything from that special birthday card to birth announcements. Her favourite thing to do is Hassle-free invitations- she does all the work, you just prep for the party. Be sure to check her blog and facebook page for giveaways often.
Giveaway item: card and coupon book – the coupon book has 6 "I love you" coupons just in time for Valentine’s Day.
4) Hello, I’m Malori from Sunday Morning Sugar. In my little corner of the blog world I share my love for fashion, cooking, knitting, and being the best version of myself that I can be. I also run an etsy shop, Jacques and Jill, where I sell the warm, cozy items I knit.
Giveaway item: I’m giving away a hat from last season and a pair of covered button earrings to one lucky winner.
5) I'm Jennifer Zetts the illustrator behind the shop, The Little Illustrator. My shop is full of cutesy, quirky, childlike illustrations. My artwork loves to be hung in living rooms, nursery's, offices, or anywhere that it can be enjoyed.
Giveaway item: 2 prints of your choice!
6) Hi I'm Autumn and I work for a great company called Arbonne. I started working with Arbonne when I learned about all of the harmful chemicals that are in our everyday cosmetic and beauty items. Arbonne is a great alternative, offering products that are natural and actually good for our skin! Many of our products are vegan too, which is an added bonus. I am passionate about this cause, and I'm excited to expose more people to this often over-looked facet of healthy living! :)
Giveaway items: RE9 Advanced + SeaSource Detox Spa Gift. This set includes mini sizes of the RE9 smoothing facial cleanser, intensive renewal serum, corrective eye creme, and night repair creme and mini sizes of the SeaSource Detox Rescuing Wash, Renewing Body Gelee, and a full-size packet of the Purifying Sea Soak pack.
Also: for anyone who makes a purchase will be entered into a drawing for a SeaSource Detox Spa Nourishing Set which includes the Sea Mud Face & Body Mask and a 5-in-1 Essential Massage Oil ($90 value), pictured below.
7) Hello. Two important take-aways about me: my name is Ali Shaye and I love to crochet! Because of this, I am well-known throughout the crocheting community as “Ali-Croshaye.” LOL. Pretty cool, huh? So a little bit of information about me. First bit… I am a young one. I voted for the first time this year. Can you guess my age? Second bit…. I attend college, majoring in computer science. My Mom calls me a digital native because I’ve always had some type of techno gadget in my hand ever since I was a baby. Third bit…. I love animals and children, although not always in that particular order. The two seem to go hand in hand with both providing unconditional love. Fourth bit…I have gone five months without banging up my car. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc. And the last bit…. I love to croshaye!! So that brings us to a full circle. Harmony.
8) I’m Liz. I’m a pixel-pusher with a penchant for good design, vintage & Brussels Griffons. I adore blogging & going on adventures with my beau & camera. Recently I opened up an online vintage boutique and am having so much fun with it. I try to embrace each day with joy & a positive attitude.
Giveaway item: a vintage gold "Hollywood clutch"
thanks to bbc radio 1